Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Interview with Miranda Cosgrove

It’s not too often I get to sit down and talk with the biggest celebrity on Nickelodeon so as I walked down the hallway backstage at the Tampa Theatre, computers lined up with information scattering across the globe on the happenings of this concert, I was feeling for the first time, a little nervous.
I was walking with the tour manager backstage to meet up with the teen that’s probably the highest paid actress on TV. (Yes, it’s common knowledge in the entertainment world that she makes over 3 times more than Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez combined).   
But the nervousness went away the millisecond I met the star of iCarly, Miranda Cosgrove. Why? Because even though this 17 year old is a world megastar, she acts like you and me. Really!





Q. Staying grounded is important for kids but really tough for celebrities.  How have you stayed grounded and what’s been the toughest to deal with to stay real and true to yourself?
A. “I think it’s hard because when your acting and singing all the time and being on tour all the time it can be difficult to finish your school work and keep up with your friends and all that so I think what helps me the most is I’m really close to my parents and my mom is on tour with me.  She came and just being  able to call my friends and know that I can tell them anything and having those people you really trust.”

Q.  “I read recently that you’re nothing like your iCarly character, so if you have 3 words to describe yourself - what would they be and why?”


A.” 3 words to describe myself ,,,umm I think probably..determined, I guess-it was funny, I just did this for college because for my entrance exam they said describe yourself in 3 words! I cant remember which words I used. I think determined would be one because I’ve been in the entertainment business
since I was pretty young and I think when your young you’re trying to make a lot of decisions and that’s definitely one. and probably Dorky because I’m always doing silly things.  I’ve been doing Wii dance on the bus. I’m not afraid to embarrass myself- (I guess I do a lot of)…  and probably shy- like when I first meet someone ..than when I get to know them I come out more.  


 
Q. “I interviewed “Boogie” in Atlanta (who plays the bagel guy) on Icarly and Big Time Rush[who did a guest appearance on the Christmas episode] and they all had great things to say about you! Are you a pretty easy person to work with?


A. Yes, I guess I’ve been lucky because I’ve met a lot of people that I really like over the years like the Big Time Rush guys; are pretty cool and everyone on Nickelodeon and people that have been on my show I have become really good friends with a lot of those people…so I guess I was just lucky that way. 

 

Q. I asked my face book friends to give me a question to ask and a little 7 yr old girl named Darian Swirka (who’s a big fan of iCarly by the way) wanted to ask, “Do you really like spaghetti tacos or did you just choke them down because you had to?”
A. No, I really like spaghetti tacos! I’ve mad them at my house before with my mom and  also we had a big spaghetti taco competition on the set and I bought in my own spaghetti tacos and a bunch of other people brought in theirs and we had a tasting thing.  But they are actually good! I like them with hard shells.


 

Q “You were in “Despicable Me”, (which is actually one of my favorite movies). Was that one of your first voice-overs? And what did you think about it?”
 
A. “Yes, that was my first time doing a voice over and it was different- I thought it was going to be in a room with everybody and we were going to go through the script or something.  But everyone gets to do their parts alone and I didn’t even get to see what the movie was going to be like until at the premier so that was different!  But I liked it! I felt like I could just watch like anyone. “  

 

Q” Tell us about your tour”
 
A. “Oh it’s been really fun! I’m on my first tour, I’m on a tour bus going around the United States…there are bunks on the bus- like last night I stayed up till 3am drawing.  We have been doing a lot of fun stuff like wii and drawing and making up songs- it’s really fun!  It’s like a sleepover all the time!  



 

Q “Your Cd called Sparks Fly has some great songs - do you have a favorite?”

A. “My favorite song I like a lot of them on tour and a lot of them live and that one is a song called “There will be Tears” and “Kissing you” and my new song, “Dancing Crazy” and it’s a good party song.”


 

Q. upcoming events


 A. I’m going to be on tour for the next few weeks- I’m about a month in now and a few weeks left then I’m going back to filming Icarly then going to the UK for awhile.”

Miranda had a meet and greet to do before her concert, so I left her to finish getting ready in the makeup room.  Miranda’s new EP called High Maintenance  is coming out March 15th with 5 new songs with her leading single (co-written by Avil Lavigne) being “Dancing Crazy”.  Her current CD, called “Sparks Fly” has “Kissing U” and “There will be Tears”, -two of her favorite songs.  I thought Miranda Cosgrove was super nice.  She’s cool enough for kids but she’s got her head on straight so she’s a pretty  awesome role model too.

No comments:

Post a Comment